Helping Heal the Hurt of Hunger.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We passionately advocate for a hunger-free Texas.
- We are committed to working together and with other food banks and other non-profit organizations to provide a single, trusted and credible voice to the challenge of ending hunger in Texas.
- We are agents of change and move with urgency on behalf of Texas’ most vulnerable citizens.
- We are committed to treating all people in need with respect and dignity.
- We view hunger as impacting all communities and counties in Texas and seek solutions to local challenges.
- We are committed to ethical behavior.
- We respect each other as valued colleagues and partners.
- We are a trusted steward of resources.
A hunger-free America.
Respecting the inherent worth and dignity of every person and treating all with justice, equity and compassion. Honoring the lives, concerns and stories of people in need and expecting our partners to do the same. Accept one another and encourage diversity of thoughts and ideas.
Stewardship and Accountability:
Keeping faith with public trust through efficient and compassionate use of resources entrusted to us and being mindful that our mission is accomplished through the generosity of others. Maintaining and communicating accurate and timely information on hunger research, education, advocacy and service. Evaluating and accounting regularly for how resources are used to implement and achieve our mission.
Believing in the power of community. Collaborating and building strong relationships, based on trust, with and among those who share our vision of creating a hunger-free America. Working together to accomplish the vision at the national and local levels, valuing each other’s roles and using an open process and honest communication. Seeking out and being responsive to the input and counsel of our partners.
Operating with an acute sense of urgency that reflects the immediate needs of hungry people. Challenging our employees, volunteers and partners to embrace the same sense of urgency to accomplish our mission and shared vision.
Believing service to others is fundamental in creating a hunger-free America. Serving with excellence, compassion and responsiveness to meet the needs of those with whom we work, internally and externally.
Acting with honesty, trust and openness and delivering on our commitments. We act within the spirit of agreements, contracts and the law. Our intentions and actions will be transparent and above reproach.
Believing that the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of our nation should be reflected in our staff, Board and network.